Sunday, November 15, 2009

Birthday Pictures & OOB Technique

I'm sure you get 'birthday pictures' but are probably wondering what the heck is OOB. It is an acronym, of course, for 'out-of-bounds', also known as 'extraction'. You choose a part of a photograph and make it look like it's coming out of the frame, or off the page. I suppose it is similar to watching a movie in 3D, but this is a photo, not a movie. Okay, enough of the explanation. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.


Here we have Ava trying to share a half-eaten cracker with Grandma. Such a sweetie, but I think I only pretended to take a bite. When I remember the supplies I used to create this layout, I'll come back to edit the post and give proper credits.

Next is a picture of Ava's first birthday party. It was November 14th and there were loads of people wishing her well.


Is this picture worth a thousand words? I hope so because I don't know what to say about it.
I used several different kits for this layout. They are as follows: the background paper is from Time To Bed. The party hat and present are from coliescorner BdayBBExhange, the balloons and cupcakes are from Doohickey Designs Birthday Brag Mini, the candle is from Kathryn Estry GP Nov Brag Book and the glitter behind candle is from SDS BdBB.

And, finally, here is a LO created for a challenge using a one-word title.


The kit is a collaborative kit entitled "Life is Grand" by Kathryn Estry, Kristmess, Sara Meyer and She's Full of Scrap.

No comments: