Tuesday, April 26, 2011

ADSR - Challenge 9

This challenge was all about what you 'inherited' from someone in your family. This can be interpreted to be either genetic like blue eyes, perhaps a characteristic such as compasion, or even something physical such as something left to you by that person. I found this challenge, for want of a better word, challenging. Here's my layout, you decide how I did on this challenge.

Credits:
Kit - Blue Heaven by Laitha's Designs
Alpha - On The Hunt by Captivated Visions
Fonts - Scriptina, CAC Champagne, VT Remington

Journalling:


I am the last of 36 foster children to be cared for by the couple you see above in the blue frame. The difference between me and the other 35 is they adopted me. I cannot show you a picture of love, compassion, kindness, caring, nurturing or any of the other characteristics they were able to instill in me. I can only show you a picture of the people who cared enough and loved me enough to make me into the person I am today. I have many qualities of my Mom. She loved children. I love children. Inspite of having only a grade 6 education, she managed household finances like an accountant. I use an accounting program to track our finances. My Dad never gave unsolicited advice. If asked for his guidance, he would point out both sides of the situation which allowed me to make a decision based on what I wanted. I tried to do the same for my own children. Telling someone what to do hardly ever works anyway.


My “inheritance” has been the gift of having a family instead of having been raised in foster homes. In my humble opinion, there can be no greater gift and I am truly thankful that I am the daughter of Alice and Elden Perry

No comments: